Monday, September 25, 2017

My Demon

I might lose what matters to me most because of a demon I've ignored all this time.

My need to drink beyond a high might just cost me everything. And I'm fucking worried I won't be able to play it to save my relationship.

For a long time I've been ignoring it. Believing that having that flaw was something acceptable and that it's a part of me. It's something I have no control over.

But it has really put some strain on my relationship. The love of my life, who I took such a long time trying to build a reliable foundation for our relationship with, saw me in a state if drunken stupor. And from then on, it has been a number of stupid actions that have lead to this realisation that if I don't conquer this demon, I might lose everything.

I'm scared. I'm worried. And I sure as hell am not sure if I can do it. But I want to. I must. I will.

Give me guidance and give me will. Here's me putting my best foot forward.

No comments: