Monday, September 25, 2017

One More Light

One More Light - Linkin Park

Crazy sentimental song especially after what happened to Chester. But I can't think of a better soundtrack that would be fit this post.

One year has gone. And I'm filled with heaps of emotions. It's unfair that you've left us. No way would I ever believe it was your time. None of us grandkids had the chance to get married with you there or bring your great grand children into this world.

Your strength and will that made you you, warranted that you live a longer, more fulfilling life. But that wasn't to be.

Instead something that, even in today's day and age, could not be defined took you. Yes, there was heaps going on but you fought it all off only to succumb to something without a name. Of course it's always going to feel unfair.

But during that journey, something happened. Our family bonded. Our family unified stronger than ever before and you, during your better days, smiled wider than I've ever seen. Those are the moments I choose to hold on to when thinking about you.

I talk heaps about you and the experience I had while you weren't doing too well. And I know that it was then that I truly treasured family. What it means to have one, be a part of and believe in one. You've changed my outlook on family and that's why you'll always be remembered by me, by us.

Ma, thank you for being you. Thank you for teaching us the meaning of true strength and willpower. Thank you for bring us closer and unifying us as a family, even in your toughest moments.

I have and always will love you.

No comments: