Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A little about Silver Lining Playbook

Silver lining playbook. Not as I played it out to be actually. There was many a times when I thought I should be writing about a certain quote in the movie but this movie was just simply awesome. I watched this on the same day as I saw the barber brothers from the previous blog post.

I was watching the show alone and it was especially weird because I was wearing my uniform. Nonetheless, it was dark so I could be myself during the show. Just needed to log that down. Haha! But back to the movie.

So I was pretty set on watching Zero Dark Thirty that night but it was out yet and so all that I had to select was Silver Lining Playbook. I must say that seeing Bradley Cooper did help with my disappointment of not being able to watch Zero Dark Thirty.

In summary, the movie's a pretty twisted kind of romcom. It's about two people who not mentally stable due to their crazy previous relationships. The female lead's husband actually got killed on the job and she ends up having sex with every single person in the office she works at. The male lead (Bradley Cooper) separates with his wife after finding her in the shower with a colleague from work and beating the crap out of this guy. Brad's convinced that his wife is gonna come back to him as long as he gets his act together and stops beating people up.

The awesome dynamic is Brad's family where his dad(Robert DeNiro) is a crazy Eagles(American football) fan and he's addicted to gambling on them. He even becomes a bookie after leaving his previous job. What doesn't help is that the guy is superstitious and is bent on the fact the Brad must be around for the Eagles to win. So on top of trying to recover from his mental condition, Brad has to deal with dad.

When Brad and the female lead meet, she ends up trying to help Brad pass a letter to his ex-wife in exchange for him being her partner in an upcoming dance competition. This is where he gradually gets closer to her but constantly tries to get her to send the letter to his ex-wife.

That's the part that becomes a little warped and I'll leave you to watch the the rest of the show I guess why I'm soo freaking gripped by the show is that even after all the crap they both have been through, they manage to find each other and help each other through their pains.

I like that idea. Though I might not have that person with me now, I know I have everyone around me that care and love me and are looking out for me. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of them. I'm not gonna single out anyone because it just wouldn't be fair to the rest, but you know who you are. :)

Well, that ends this post, I might actually go looking for the book. Hmmm...

No comments: